Stanford PhD Students are invited to apply to CESTA’s Graduate Research Fellows program which prepares advanced graduate students for a future where digital scholarship is the norm. Graduate Research Fellows spend the year designing and producing a piece of digitally-enhanced scholarship (an article, dissertation chapter, digital publication, etc.). Through the course of this program, fellows work with leading experts in digital humanities and will be prepared to enter the job market and explore future careers in digital scholarship. This year’s fellowship will offer additional resources to help students make the most of a year in which most learning will take place online.
Opportunities and Benefits
- Mentorship and training to develop your research project
- Meet and learn from faculty and other experts on the use of digital methods in the Humanities
- Technical and professional workshops
- Additional resources for online training in DH methods or funding to support research assistance
- The program does not offer stipends nor tuition benefits for fellows.
To help build a community of practice, fellows actively participate in weekly meetings with their cohort from January through June 2021, with an introductory meeting in November 2020. Topics are determined by the research interests of the fellows. Meeting activities might include:
- Virtual co-working
- DH speaker series
- Skills-based workshops
- Reading discussion on topics in digital humanities
- Presentations of work-in-progress within the cohort
Application is open to Stanford graduate students working on individual or collaborative projects with faculty. Priority is given to PhD students in the arts and humanities who have completed their required coursework or are TGR.
The deadline to submit an application has been extended to October 13, 2020.
For questions about the program or the application (including questions on how your project fits into the work of CESTA), please contact email@example.com or email the fellowship director, Dr. Daniel Bush, at firstname.lastname@example.org.